Restorative Medicine and Rehabilitation Center
Restorative Medicine and Rehabilitation Center, created on the basis of the FEFU Medical Center, is unique and has no analogues in the Russian Far East. The opening of the Rehabilitation Center promotes the development of regenerative medicine in Vladivostok and throughout the Far East to a new level.
The main goal is to provide specialized high-tech rehabilitation services using the latest domestic and Western techniques in all areas: cardiac rehabilitation, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedic rehabilitation, urogenital diseases rehabilitation, rehabilitation of oncologic patients, prevention and rehabilitation in Pediatrics.
The basic principles of the Center are as follows:
- Individual approach to each patient;
Complexity of rehabilitation services (medical gymnastics, mechanotherapy, manual therapy, different types of massage, physiotherapy, classes with psychologists, and speech therapist, etc.);
- Interactivity of rehabilitation. Both the patient and his relatives, friends, and family are actively involved in the rehabilitation process;
- Information support during rehabilitation. Center specialists conduct ad hoc consultations for the relatives of the patient. The purpose of these sessions is to help family members to communicate with the patient in terms of speech impediments, to facilitate an active restoration of the lost functions outside the hospital;
- Monitoring of the effectiveness of treatment, based on an interdisciplinary approach.
Stages of medical rehabilitation service:
- Inpatient Hospital Stage—treatment in the acute period of the disease in the Resuscitation and Intensive Care Center and Multidisciplinary Surgical Hospital;
- Outpatient Stage (Day Patient Facility)—rehabilitation activities in early, late recovery period, and the long-term effects period;
- Recreational and Preventive Stage.
The physiotherapy facility of the Restorative Medicine and Rehabilitation Center is opened now.
Types of procedures:
- Magnetic therapy;
- Medicinal electrophoresis and galvanization;
- Electrotherapy (amplipulse, diadynamic therapy, interferential therapy, electrical stimulation);
- Ultrasound therapy and medicine phonophoresis;
- Combined electric field and ultrasound therapy;
- Transcranial magnetic therapy;
- Laser therapy, including abdominal one (rectally, vaginally);
- Endovenous laser therapy;
- Intravenous and external ozone therapy;
- Local cryotherapy;
- Local ultraviolet irradiation and ultraviolet blood irradiation (UVBI);
- Inhalation therapy;
- Contactless hydromassage;
- Hand massage;
- Active-passive mechanotherapy.
The main areas are:
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system (osteochondrosis with radicular syndrome, deforming osteoarthritis, arthritis and arthrosis of different joints, bursitis, musculoskeletal injuries and their consequences: broken bones, internal injuries to joints, posttraumatic contracture of joints, wounds, soft tissue injuries, damage to the ligaments and muscles, posttraumatic swelling, slow healing festering wounds, phlegmons, burns, consequences of endoprosthesis implantation);
- Diseases of cardiovascular system (hypertension of I-II degree, obliterating atherosclerosis of the lower limbs (obliterating endarteritis), post-infarction condition, etc.);
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (pancreatitis in subacute and chronic stages of the disease, biliary dyskinesia, gastritis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, etc.);
- Diseases of the female genital organs (inflammatory diseases of uterus and appendages in the subacute period, after operative vaginal delivery/C-section, adhesive processes in the small pelvis, uterine myoma, endometriosis, infertility, etc.);
- Diseases of the venous system of the upper and lower limbs (venous thrombosis, acute and chronic thrombophlebitis, condition after phlebectomy, etc.);
- Complications of diabetes mellitus (diabetic angiopathy, diabetic polyneuropathy);
- Dermatological diseases (itching dermatosis, conditions after skin plastic surgeries, scars, neurodermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, allergic dermatitis, herpes, acne, etc.);
- Chronic nonspecific lung diseases (chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, etc.);
- Neurological disorders (neuritis and neuralgia, vascular diseases of the brain (when transient disorders of cerebral circulation are combined with chronic ischemic heart disease), cervicobrachial syndrome, neuroses, etc.);
- ENT Diseases: Eczema of the auricle and external ear canal, antritis (sinusitis), sore throat (tonsillitis);
- Pediatrics: diseases of the bronchopulmonary system, gastrointestinal tract, infectious diseases of the skin;
- Urology: Diseases of kidney (chronic pyelonephritis, nephrolithiasis), bladder (cystitis), urethra (urethritis), prostate (prostatitis);
- Systemic diseases with the damage to joints (rheumatoid arthritis, arthrosis);
- Cardiovascular diseases (Raynaud's disease, arteriosclerosis of the limbs, initial stages of varicose veins, hypertensive disease of I-II degree, migraine);
- Connective tissue disorders (keloid scars, joint stiffness after prolonged immobilization, scar tissue and muscle contractures, adhesive disease).
How to reach us:
Subject to the Statutory Health Insurance Policy availability, a foreign citizen is serviced free of charge under the Government Benefits Program. If such a policy is not available, treatment is provided in an orderly fashion subject to the provision of a guarantee commitment to pay the actual cost of health care or pre-payment of the estimated treatment cost.
When from the FEFU Medical Center Advisory Clinic, you must have the PCP referral to a physiotherapist's consultation along with the diagnosis. The fluorography/lung X-rays imaging reports, ECG, clinical blood analysis, gynecologist report (for women) in an outpatient card or an extract from an outpatient card are also needed.
When from other medical institutions you need the PCP referral to the FEFU Medical Center physiotherapist with the diagnosis; fluorography/lung X-rays imaging reports, ECG, clinical blood analysis, gynecologist report (for women) or an extract from an outpatient card are also needed.
Patients of the FEFU Medical Center hospital need the PCP recommendations for a physiotherapy consultation in the physician’s orders list of the hospital patient Personal Health Record.
Patients who have appointment through personal funds, should have fluorography/lung X-rays imaging reports, ECG, clinical blood analysis, gynecologist report (for women) or an extract from an outpatient card. The results of examinations on leading disease shall also be available.