Traumatology, Orthopedics, Endoprosthesis and Reconstructive Surgery
Doctors at the Center of Traumatology, Orthopedics, Endoprosthesis and Reconstructive Surgery of the FEFU Medical Center provide specialized care for patients with injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. A large number of surgeries are performed at the expense of the federal budget under the quota on the provision of high-tech medical care to the residents of the Far Eastern Federal District and Russia in general.
The main areas of work are as follows:
Adult Traumatology and Orthopedics
· Different types of osteosynthesis in treatment of bone and joint injuries;
· Treatment of hip joint diseases: deforming arthrosis (idiopathic, in rheumatoid arthritis, post-traumatic, and dysplastic), aseptic necrosis of the femoral head, false joints of the femur, proximal femoral deformities, Perthes disease, Bechterew's disease, contractures, and ankyloses;
· Treatment of diseases and injuries of the knee joint: arthroses of different etiology, intra- and juxta-articular fractures;
· Treatment of deformities and limb shortening, false joints.
Pediatric Traumatology and Orthopedics
· Treatment of injuries of the musculoskeletal system;
· Treatment of congenital hip dislocation, Perthes disease, juvenile epiphysiolysis, acetabular dysplasia, deformations of the proximal femur, clubfoot, arthrogryposis, polydactyly, syndactyly, and neurogenic deformations of the limbs;
· Correction of spine scoliosis using high-tech methods of treatment.
· Reconstructive surgery using microsurgical technique;
· Stitch, plastic surgery of tendons;
· Stitch, plastic surgery of peripheral nerves;
· Osteoplasty of defects, nonunions, false joints of hand bones;
· Hand joint replacement;
· Skin grafting to close the soft tissue defects of the hand;
· Elimination of post-traumatic, post-burn contractures of the hand;
· Surgical treatment of Dupuytren's contracture;
· Surgical treatment of neoplasms of the hand;
· Reconstructive surgery of congenital anomalies of the hand.
· Arthroscopic diagnosis;
· Treatment of diseases and injuries of knee, shoulder, and ankle joints, including the plastic replacement of ligaments;
Arthroscopy has a number of important advantages:
· Absence of the cosmetic defect.
· Possibility of a full joint inspection, which, being a rigid structure to a large extent is closed to survey, even during open surgery.
· Low invasiveness, and hence the possibility of a quick recovery.
The method allows us to hospitalize patients for a period of not more than 1-2 days. There is no need for applying plaster bandages. Modern equipment allows performing arthroscopic surgeries on the knee, shoulder, ankle, and elbow joints.
BEWARE OF OSTEOPOROSIS!
A highly qualified specialist in osteoporosis treats patients in the FEFU Medical Center Adult Outpatient Clinic.
Osteoporosis is a disease in which the bones become fragile. Bone loss occurs gradually and is often diagnosed only after complications—the spine or hip fracture—have already happened. Treatment and rehabilitation after such injuries is extremely difficult for a patient at any age.
Bone fractures in osteoporosis occur even with light injuries, short falls; vertebral fractures can occur when lifting weights, shaking while driving. Osteoporosis, causing considerable suffering and leading to disability, became extremely important social and economic problem and is considered an epidemic of the 21st century. It is osteoporosis that is a major cause of hip fractures, often occurring in older men and women.
Oleg Yu. Bubnov, PhD in Medicine, Chairman of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Association of Osteoporosis, Director of the FEFU Medical Center attends patients. Oleg Bubnov has been working as a traumatologist for more than 25 years. His main area of specialization is the development and application of modern treatment methods in traumatology, orthopedics, and hand surgery. He defended his PhD dissertation on Violation of Bone Metabolism in 2006. He is actively engaged in the problem of osteoporosis.
Starting from 2006 he has taken an active part in the work of the Russian Association of Osteoporosis; he is the Chairman of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Association of Osteoporosis from November 2010.